This quick and easy guacamole recipe lets the ingredients sing. Although there are plenty of variations including things like tomatoes and chilis, I like to keep it simple and clean. The guacamole will pair with other flavors from dishes like Beef and Pork Tacos and chicken fajitas where it just brings freshness and richness to the dish.
This quick and easy guacamole also pairs very nicely with tortilla chips as a snack or appetizer.
It’s all about simple and fresh ingredients led by ripe avocadoes (a must), fresh coriander and fresh lime juice. A touch of salt and pepper as well as some cumin will give it an earthy taste.
- 2 tbsp of coriander leaves and stems, chopped
- 1 lime
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tbsp of onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut your avocadoes lengthwise and twist both halves to open it.
- Take a knife and hit the pit to embed the knife slightly in it. You can then twist the avocado half and the pit will come out easily.
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocadoes in a mixing bowl with a spoon.
- Mash with a fork and then mix in the lime juice, cumin and the coriander as well as the minced onion.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
You need ripe avocados or else you won't be able to get the right taste or texture with your guacamole. If you have leftovers (we rarely do!), keep one of the avocado pits and put it in with the leftover guacamole. It will keep from turning brown.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.