Couscous goes so well with a variety of dishes. I particularly like it with Moroccan dishes like Chicken Tajine or any dish which will have a sauce so it can absorb the liquid and infuse it with its flavors.
This particular recipe gives it a nice zest with lemon zest and freshness with chopped parsley.
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup of water or chicken broth
- Olive oil
- Bring broth to a boil
- Add couscous and remove from heat
- Keep covered for 5 minutes to cook and for the liquid to be absorbed by the couscous
- Break couscous with a fork until fluffy
- Add a trickle of olive oil and mix in with parsley and lemon zest