This carrot veloute recipe is simple and tasty and you can make it with your kids! You get a couple benefits from cooking with your kids:
- Teaching them a very useful skill for their future!
- When they cook it, they usually eat it. And it’s vegetables so an added bonus.
You can take the same recipe and add some ginger to give it a more Asian twist or reduce a bit of the butter if you want to eat leaner.
- 2 lb of carrots
- 2 medium onions
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp of cumin
- 4 cups of chicken broth / vegetable broth or water
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- 4 tbsp of butter
- Micro greens
- roasted pine nuts
- Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- Wash, peel and chop your carrots in slices
- Peel and chop your onions
- Pour the broth in a pan and add the carrots, onion, sugar, tomato paste and cumin.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 40 minutes
- Mix in a blender. Go in batches if required.
- Add additional water if the mix is too thick.
- Add butter and mix further
- Season to taste
- Serve with roasted pine nuts, a drizzle of olive oil and micro greens to garnish
Did You Make This Recipe?
How did you do with my recipes? Tag me on Instagram at @saltandpestle