Always wondered how to make pickled red onions? Look no further, it’s so easy you’ll wonder why you hadn’t thought of it earlier.
These onions are the perfect match for tacos, nachos, burgers and much more!
Although eating them during the following days of the recipe, they keep well in a mason jar in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks.
- 1 1/2 cup of water
- 1 1/2 cup of cider vinegar
- 2 star anise
- 12 black peppercorns
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 large red onion, cut in two and sliced
- Add the water, cider vinegar, star anise and peppercorns to a pan and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in sugar and salt
- Turn off the heat
- Take a large mason jar and add the sliced red onion.
- Carefully pour the hot pickling liquid on the onion.
- Let the onion pickle in the liquid for around 30 minutes.
- You can keep in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.